Vera Neumann, Island Worcester Sunflower Plates, ca. 1960’s

19 Jan

vera sunflower

I love all things designed by Vera.  These plates make a statement!!  They are the Sunflower pattern designed by Vera Neumann for Island Worcester.  All handpainted under the glaze, in Jamaica ca. 1960’s.

I have at least 10 dinner plates available.  They will be for sale at my booth at the Almonte Antique Market, 26 Mill Street, Almonte ON.

Priced at $10 each dinner plate and $ 6 each side plate.

Please note all these dishes are now SOLD!!

11 Responses to “Vera Neumann, Island Worcester Sunflower Plates, ca. 1960’s”

1. Please let me know if you still have the sunflower dishes. I am interested in the price and quantities.I was in Jamaica in the 60’s and have strong link to this work.could take a full set of…..

I could have them picked up later when a friend goes to Almonte

• afacette January 26, 2014 at 4:42 am #

I do still have some sunflower dishes . When would you be in almonte? I will make sure they are there when you go.

2. nicole February 28, 2015 at 6:35 pm #

Hello, I’ve been searching all over for these plates. My Grandmother had a collection of them, however they were accidentally given away after she passed, and all that remains are the serveware and tea / coffee set. If you do come across these again, I would really appreciate being contacted.

• afacette March 10, 2015 at 11:25 pm #

I don’t have any more of this pattern but I will keep your contact info in case I do happen to find any. Thanks for your comment.

3. Sue March 22, 2015 at 7:55 pm #

Do you purchase items from the States? I have many pieces of the sunflower pattern. I am interested in selling them as I have had them packed up for the last 25 years. They were given to me as wedding gifts as my husband’s family bought them in Amhestburg area.

• Nicole September 26, 2015 at 2:11 pm #

Hi Sue, I am interested in these items – could I contact you somehow for further information on them.

• Nicole August 15, 2016 at 4:35 pm #

Hi Sue, are you still interested in selling these pieces?

• Michele Jerde November 16, 2016 at 11:28 pm #

Hi Sue,

My adopted “Mom” LOVES Vera. Do you still have any dishes available? I would love to buy them for her! Please email me either way:
      Mjand3@live.com

Thanks!
      Shelly

• afacette November 16, 2016 at 11:33 pm #

Sorry I don’t have any more of the sunflower dishes. They are very popular.

4. Michele S Dimond July 17, 2017 at 7:04 am #

I was wondering if maybe you can help me… I found a cup/saucer in this print by Island Worcester but they do not have the name Vera on either piece. I have been unsuccessful in finding any information on my set and was wondering if you could direct me. Thank you!

• afacette July 17, 2017 at 10:02 pm #

The Sunflower pattern is definitely a design by Vera Neumann for Island Worcester dated in the 1960’s. It is possible some pieces did not have her signature on it but I believe most had the famous Vera signature and trademark ladybug logo on them. Some smaller pieces may not have had enough room on the underside for the complete information. Island Worcester was a subsidiary of English Royal Worcester that was located in Jamaica. All dishes were hand painted underglaze and they were painted by women employed in the factory. Vera Neumann was a famous designer of mid century dishes, linens and scarves and her designs are still very collectible. She passed away in the mid 1990’s and was actively painting right up to the year of her death. You can find out more information on Vera Neumann’s career online. Some information is available on Wikipedia and also under Vera Neumann history. Check out sites on Royal Worcester or Island Worcester Pottery for further research.