Vera Neumann Forbidden Fruit Dishes, Island Worcester

15 Mar

IMG_6225

IMG_5834

Lovely dishes designed by Vera Neumann for Island Worcester, made in Jamaica ca. 1960’s.   Pattern is called Forbidden Fruit.  Island Worcester is a subsidiary of English Royal Worcester.  All dishes are hand painted underglaze.  Vera Neumann was a famous designer of mid century dishes, linens and scarves and her designs are very collectible.  The set in the photo is a place setting that includes a dinner plate, lunch plate, cup and saucer and cereal bowl.

These dishes are available at my booth at the Almonte Antique Market in Almonte ON.  The price is $50 per 5 piece place setting.

Please note the place settings are all SOLD!!

Teapot, cream and sugar are now SOLD!!

6 Responses to “Vera Neumann Forbidden Fruit Dishes, Island Worcester”

1. kim September 2, 2013 at 1:50 am #

I have a set (not complete) of painted dishes by Vera made in Jamaica . I think it is a ladybug next to her name. Sunflowers painted on front. Can you or do know how I can find out information on them. Thank You Kim in Indiana

• afacette September 11, 2013 at 10:53 pm #

The pattern is called ‘Sunflower’ and was designed in the early 1960’s. The ladybug is her trademark logo. Vera started with boldly coloured linens and scarves. She was the first designer to have a signature scarf. All her early textiles and dishes have the ladybug and her signature ‘Vera’. You can get lots of information and history on Vera Neuman the artist, and her designs, on the web. The Sunflower dishes are one of the most popular of her designs and still sell very well in today’s second hand market. You can get at least $10 to $15 for a dinner plate in good clean condition. You can sometimes find some of the Vera dishes on Ebay so you can get an idea of what kind of prices they are going for.

2. Shivaun Hearne January 1, 2014 at 7:21 pm #

Are these still available?

• afacette January 3, 2014 at 5:22 am #

Yes, the dishes are still available and on display at my booth at the Almonte Antique Market in Almonte, ON.

• Kate January 9, 2014 at 4:19 am #

Do you ship?

• afacette January 9, 2014 at 4:25 am #

I will ship but the cost of shipping is pretty high with dishes. What pieces are you interested in? I could give you a shipping quote once I know exactly what you want. Please email me at afacette@gmail.com with the particulars. Thanks.