Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer in Chrome Finish Model 2399

12 Dec

Sunbeam Mixmaster

sunbeam mixmaster up position

The Sunbeam-Oster Company produced this Mixmaster stand mixer in the late 1980’s.    Sunbeam acquired Oster in 1980 and they continued to make their flagship mixers that are still in production today.  This mixer is a retro looking chrome finished mixmaster,  not solid chrome like the early ones.  The mixer is detachable to use as a hand mixer.  I gave it a workout making a cake and it performed perfectly.  It was pretty dirty when I bought it at an estate sale but cleaned up very nicely.

Please note this mixer is not for Sale! I have decided to keep it for my own personal use.

9 Responses to “Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer in Chrome Finish Model 2399”

1. Jessica September 7, 2014 at 8:11 pm #

I recently inherited this same model, but without the manual of course. Are the beaters supposed to lock into place on this model? I can’t seem to get mine to lock.

• afacette September 23, 2014 at 9:01 pm #

yes the beaters should lock in place otherwise they will wobble terribly when you turn on the mixer. When you insert the first beater (the square shaped one) turn it slightly to the left and then to the right a few times. It might take a bit of fiddling to get it to lock.

• Jessica September 23, 2014 at 10:23 pm #

Just knowing which beater to put in first made all the difference. They are now locked in tight. Thank you so much!

2. Judy Le Sueur-Maranville November 19, 2014 at 8:38 pm #

Hi – I think that this mixer is the same as my grandmother… I cant figure out how to get the beaters out of it – other than just pulling them out – but that just doesnt seem right… can you tell me how to get the beaters out? Also – is there anywhere to get a manual for this? thanks! Judy.

• afacette November 20, 2014 at 8:34 pm #

If it is the same model, looking at it from the front, there will be a square black button protruding on the top right hand side, situated above the beaters. Depress the button and the beaters will fall out. Check out a Sunbeam website or this website which has free downloads of manuals. http://kitchen.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/sunbeam/sunbeam_mixer_product_list.html

• Diane November 25, 2014 at 7:02 pm #

Mine the handle on top tilts to release the beaters (Looking at it from the front tilts left.) Of course mine was a shower present in 1978, and it still makes all my Christmas cookies and pies!

• afacette November 25, 2014 at 7:29 pm #

Is the one that tilts to release the beaters the same one that belonged to your grandmother that you mentioned in your first email or is it a different one? I wasn’t sure if we were still talking about the same model. I have seen the ones that tilt to release beaters. Whatever the model, they sure are workhorses aren’t they? I use mine all the time.

3. Nancy December 15, 2014 at 10:59 am #

I have the Sunbeam mixmaster. Unfortunately the electric cord is gone. I am sure it will work well if only I could procure a cord. Any ideas?

• afacette December 17, 2014 at 10:33 am #

On my Sunbeam Mixmaster the cord is attached to the mixer and is not removable. If yours is the type that was removable from the machine itself, you might be able to find a replacement at Sunbeam.com site online. You could also try ebay to see if any come up for sale. You will need your model number to get the right sized one.