Wedgwood of Etruria Barlaston Dishes – Havana

25 Nov

These high quality dishes were made by Wedgwood of Etruria, Barlaston,  England between 1952 and the early 70’s.  They are highly prized by collectors for their beautiful soft colours and pleasing shapes.  The two colours were made by fusing two layers of different coloured clay together and then glazed.   I was fortunate to have found these plates and bowls at a local flea market and they are in beautiful condition.   They are fairly rare to come across in any quantity.  The brown colour is called ‘Havana’, the blue one is called ‘Summer Sky’. The green might be called ‘Wintergreen’ or simply ‘Green’ and the yellow is ‘Harvest Moon’.

Note:  All have been  SOLD!

9 Responses to “Wedgwood of Etruria Barlaston Dishes – Havana”

1. Jan June 12, 2013 at 5:11 pm #

Ah hah, Found your Havana page of Wedgwood with white surrounds. I have a lot of the green to sell, including teapot & coffee pot/set. Have you discovered what the green were called yet? Would be interested as hope to sell on eBay and I’m in the U.K. Regards, Jan

• afacette June 17, 2013 at 2:58 am #

I have done some more research and found some of the green dishes on line at Replacements Ltd. They call the colour ‘Wintergreen’. I have also seen ebay listings calling it ‘Barlaston Green’. Wintergreen sounds quite plausible considering the names of the other colours. Good luck with your sales.

2. Steve R December 14, 2014 at 3:27 am #

Hi, I have a set of 4 espresso cups & saucers in the same colour as your set above, the have inscribed underneath “Wedgwood of Etruria & Barlaston” & “Harvest Moon”. I cannot find any information on them at all, I believe they are form the 60s. Any info you may know would be greatly appreciated, hoping to sell on ebay, but no idea of value… Many thanks in advance.

• afacette December 17, 2014 at 11:03 am #

These dishes were made between 1952 and early 1970’s. It’s hard to put a value on them. They are quite hard to find in good condition. If I were selling them on ebay, I would start at $25 for the set and see what happens. Not sure how desirable the expresso cups are but if someone has this pattern, they would be interested in acquiring them. Good luck.

3. Carmella October 24, 2015 at 7:14 pm #

Hi – If you ever have any of the covered dishes in Wedgwood of Etruria Barlaston, as shown in the set above, please contact me. Thanks.

• afacette October 24, 2015 at 11:39 pm #

I will keep your request on file. Thanks

• Heather Price December 22, 2015 at 8:04 pm #

Hi
      I have a dinner setting of 6 of wintergreen Wedgwood of Etruria Barlaston Havana. However I am in Townsville, North Queensland Australia. Would you be interested? Heather

• afacette December 22, 2015 at 8:09 pm #

Thank you for the offer but shipping from Australia to Canada is quite expensive.

• Belinda Luscombe May 8, 2016 at 12:27 am #

Hi Heather!
        I’d be interested! You can find me at linkedin or on FB, if you still want to sell.
        B.