Hayhoe Flowerdale Teapot Collection

19 Oct
Hayhoe Teapot Collection

Tea anyone?

From my own collection, here are 5 pretty teapots issued by R.B. Hayhoe (Flowerdale) Tea Company out of Toronto and made by Beauce Ceramics  in Quebec ca. late 60’s to mid 70’s.   I also have a cookbook put out by Flowerdale, featuring Gourmet recipes.  I love these little Aladdin type teapots.  I am on the hunt for the green ones and the cream coloured ones.  Very elusive pieces as I have been looking for years now.

14 Responses to “Hayhoe Flowerdale Teapot Collection”

1. Lexy March 17, 2013 at 7:26 pm #

I was just searching to trigger my memory about the little red teapot I acquired in the 1970s. I was thinking it was a Red Rose Tea promotion but upon inspecting the imprint on the bottom of my teapot, I could make out Flowerdale…so did a new search.

I note you are looking for the white and green versions of this teapot and I just saw this link, in my searches: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/beauce-hayhoe-tea-scarce-white-21219893

So I thought I would pass this along to you.

• afacette March 17, 2013 at 10:57 pm #

Thank you. It was very kind of you to pass on the link to the Flowerdale teapots. I was lucky enough to have recently found both the large sized off white and green teapots in a second hand store and have added these to my collection. I will have to update my blog photo now. I am still on the hunt for the smaller versions of the green and white and the larger brown one. I noticed on the link that there is a large brown one so maybe I will be able to acquire it. Thanks again!!

• Rhonda Falle December 10, 2015 at 10:28 am #

I looked that up .. thank you!
      /also,I have been searching for a cream and of course the illusive blue teapot. If you have one, or know of one for sale I would love to have to opportunity to bid on it!! I would also like to locate the Flowerdale cookbook….anyone have one of those? .. were there ever Flowedale tea cups made??
      Thanks in advance for any assistance!
      rfalle@rogers.com

• afacette December 10, 2015 at 11:09 am #

Maybe someone will respond about the tea cups. I don’t know if there were any made by Beauce or not. Good luck on your hunt for the blue one!!

• Karynbudziaszek March 30, 2016 at 10:42 pm #

How much is the 3321 red worth do You know?

2. Gloria June 8, 2013 at 3:12 am #

I have 25 Flowerdale teapots in red, orange, brown, green, and cream. I have yet to buy the elusive blue one which I have seen but not acquired. The two sizes have various imprints on the bottom. There is a difference in spouts and whether the inside is black or the same colour as the pot. I love their shape.

• afacette June 8, 2013 at 4:59 pm #

Nice to meet a fellow Flowerdale teapot collector. Since my posting I have acquired a small green one, a small cream one and another small yellow one that looks more like mustard colour than the other yellow ones. I have never seen the blue or orange ones. That would be a fabulous find! I too love their unique shape.

3. Alison October 27, 2013 at 10:30 pm #

It’s so interesting to me that you collect these teapots! I have two red ones but didn’t realize there were so many different colors. My grandfather owned Flowerdale Tea so they have personal meaning to me—hoping to pass them along some day to my children. I had no idea people outside of our family collected these.

• afacette October 29, 2013 at 10:35 pm #

How very interesting that you have a personal connection to the Flowerdale Tea pots. There are a lot of avid collectors out there who also love these great little teapots. Hopefully you will find some more for your collection to pass on to your children. I would love to find a blue one to add to my own collection. I buy and sell lots of items but these little treasures speak to me for some reason and I will also keep them to hand down to my nieces. Thank you for posting your comment.

• Gloria October 29, 2013 at 11:24 pm #

does your family have any extra info on the teapots? Who picked the promotion? the shape of the teapots? the cost of them in the 70’s? I love my teapots and appreciate what your family did!
      Glo

4. Judy Deegan February 12, 2014 at 8:17 pm #

I too thought these teapots were made by the Beauce factory for Red Rose Tea, and that people could send in X number of box tops to get one. Do you know if it was only the Flowerdale Tea Company that had this arrangement? Also, are there any Beauceware teapots that say “Beauceware” on the bottom, or was this shape exclusive to Flowerdale? I have a little (2-cup) red Flowerdale pot and just love it.
    Judy Deegan, Canadian Ceramic Circle

• afacette February 13, 2014 at 10:53 pm #

Good questions. I will have to do some research on Beauce to see if they did make this shaped teapot only for Flowerdale Tea or for others as well. I haven’t seen any that have Beauceware on the bottom either. All mine have the same marking of Hayhow, Flowerdale Tea.

• Karynbudziaszek March 30, 2016 at 10:44 pm #

Could you tell me the worth of the red with black inside 3321 and how Icould sellit?

• afacette March 31, 2016 at 7:38 pm #

The value depends on rarity , size and condition. The red is more readily available than the blue or brown but it is also the most popular. I checked on ebay and some sold for as little as $15 and up to about $25.