Sunbeam Waffle Iron ca. 1940’s to 50’s, Chrome Model W-2

12 Dec

sunbeam waffle iron 2

sunbeam waffle iron open

This is a real beauty!  Picked it up at another estate sale for a pittance.  It was pretty dirty, but after a little elbow grease and a few hours of painstakingly cleaning the grill, voila!!

Ca. 1945 to 1955  Sunbeam Waffle Iron  Model W-2 makes jumbo sized waffles in no time at all.  Original cord and in fantastic condition, this baby will outlast any modern waffle iron made today.  The chrome top has some scuffing to the surface but other than that, it looks amazing.   Measures 12″  square and weighs over 10 pounds.  It will need to be re-seasoned before use as I scoured the grill.  Later models have removeable grills which popped out for  easier cleaning but this early model does not.

It will be for sale shortly at my booth at the Almonte Antique Market in Almonte Ontario.

About these ads

12 Responses to “Sunbeam Waffle Iron ca. 1940’s to 50’s, Chrome Model W-2”

1. vintageyall December 28, 2012 at 3:25 am #

I have this from my mom….you’ve inspired me to give it a good scrubbing and start using!
    Kat http://www.vintageyall@wordpress.com

• afacette January 1, 2013 at 4:13 am #

Wonderful, it should be used. I should have taken a ‘before’ photo to show you the difference compared to when I found it.

2. Tracy Will April 4, 2013 at 1:37 am #

Did you sell the waffle maker?

• afacette April 5, 2013 at 8:20 pm #

Not yet. Last time I was at my booth, it was still there.

3. Mark Horne September 20, 2013 at 11:18 pm #

I would like to know how and what you used to scour the plates to like new condition. Time I have. The knowledge I don’t. Thanks

• afacette September 21, 2013 at 6:26 pm #

I made a paste of baking soda and vinegar and patted it all over the grill and left it for hours to soak in. It really lifted the grease off the surface. Make sure the paste is fairly wet. If it dries up after a while, just add some more water or vinegar. I used a plain metal scouring pad, the kind that doesn’t damage the surface. You don’t want to use anything that would leave an after taste so don’t use any cleaning products. It might take a few applications, and you can leave the stuff on it overnight. It really is amazing how it works. Let me know how you fare.

4. Rob December 7, 2013 at 5:32 pm #

How much do you want for this?

• afacette December 7, 2013 at 10:29 pm #

I think I have $55 on it. It is at my booth in Almonte ON. (if it is still there that is)

5. Barbara Sccott January 7, 2014 at 7:40 pm #

Is this waffle iron still available?

• afacette January 7, 2014 at 7:45 pm #

As far as i know, yes. I would have to check my booth to verify.

• Barbara Sccott January 8, 2014 at 7:23 pm #

I thought I responded to this post yesterday, but I don’t see it now. Would you ship this to the states?

• afacette January 9, 2014 at 4:28 am #

I can ship to the states. The waffle iron is quite heavy and the shipping would be expensive. Email me at afacette@gmail.com with your address and I will provide you with a quote on shipping. Thanks.