Yellow 1950’s Cracked Ice Formica Table and Chairs

25 Nov

This wonderful little yellow cracked ice formica table was found at an estate sale and needed only a good cleaning to remove a stain on the top and spruce up the chrome legs.  Otherwise it was in fabulous condition and the mechanism to open the drop leaves worked great.  Note the nice detail of  curved legs on the table. The chairs were purchased separately from a house clear out sale and were originally upholstered in an awful green colour.  We spruced them up by recovering them with yellow marine vinyl,  new chrome tacks and black plastic feet.   We proudly displayed the set in our booth at noon on Tuesday and by 3 pm the set was sold.   I was actually a bit sad to see it go out the door as it looked so cheery in the booth and would have been a great conversation piece.   On the other hand, we love to turn around a piece so quickly.

8 Responses to “Yellow 1950’s Cracked Ice Formica Table and Chairs”

1. reretro November 25, 2012 at 5:01 am #

it’s ter-rif-fic! love it!

• JimD April 26, 2013 at 1:25 am #

Could you please tell me if there is a manufactures name on this table? My grandmother had a similar one, same color, same edge even the same chairs. I’m moving into her old house and I’d like to get one.

• afacette April 26, 2013 at 3:08 am #

I don’t remember seeing any manufacturer’s name on the table. The table has been sold so I can’t check it further. Good luck in your hunt to find one!

• pam July 31, 2015 at 3:58 am #

My says Cooey by brighton it says on the chairs its all original

2. Cathy Hemphill April 29, 2015 at 6:46 pm #

I have been looking for 1950 table and chairs that are the lite green grandparents had one and I guess I want it to always remind me of if you ever get one on. Please let me know.i live 2 hours away but I will get there. Thanks Cathy

3. Michelle July 4, 2015 at 2:01 am #

I love this vintage look. I am looking for something like this for my eat in kitchen. I live in Alberta so if you know of anyone selling similar pieces please let me know!

4. Jaimee Ash July 23, 2015 at 10:22 pm #

I would love to buy this!

• afacette August 5, 2015 at 11:45 am #

This set was sold, thanks.